VeganMoFo

Friday 25 September 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 25 - Share your favourite cuisine.

Shit, that's hard! How can you choose just one cuisine, that's almost like choosing a favourite child. Maybe. My favourite kind of foods are Indian, Italian, Japanese, Lebanese, Thai, Mexican....I won't bore you with the rest. I decided to make something kinda Italian as that's probably the stuff I make most frequently; I always have fresh basil, oregano, garlic and olive oil in my kitchen so it's easy to knock something up fairly quickly.

For today's prompt I decided to make a raw spinach and basil pesto (spinach, basil, pine nuts, extra virgin olive oil, a clove of garlic and lemon juice mixed in a blender) with high protein pasta and more spinach. It's so simple and quick to make but bursting with flavour and really filling. Pesto rules.

I tried making it look fancy by topping it with more basil and pine nuts....heh.

2 comments:

  1. haha love your opening line - i agree! I love Italian flavours, garlic, basil, oregano, tomato, yumm....and PESTO! It really is the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love homemade pesto. I really like your idea of putting spinach in it.

    ReplyDelete